WILL YOU ENJOY TUTORING?
You will certainly need to know something about our organization,
our distinctive action learning approach to management development,
the sort of people whom we are seeking as tutors and the potential benefits,
as far as you are concerned.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD TUTOR?
The success of Action Learning with adult managers is due in no small
part to the quality of our tutors. In electing new Faculty members, we
are looking for more than knowledge and experience in a particular field;
we are looking for the potential to be good action learning tutors, which
WHAT DO WE EXPECT OF OUR TUTORS?
As well as being willing to practise the qualities and acquire the abilities
of a good tutor, tutors must also:
- Attend professional development sessions, specifically formal induction
on appointment to Faculty and on a regular basis thereafter.
- Commit to keeping abreast of professional developments.
- Receive and act on constructive appraisal of your tutorial contribution.
- Interact with other members of Faculty as part of a learning organization
at official events such as the Annual Professional Congress and the
Annual Graduation Congregation when degrees of membership are ceremonially
WORKING WITH A SET
A member of Faculty is normally paid an appropriate day rate fee for
tutoring a Set. On qualification programs days will be allocated to:
- Meet with the other tutors and the Set Adviser during the program
- Prepare for and run your contribution.
- Supervise and mark dissertation and thesis projects.
Course tutors also act as internal examiners of assignments and give
feedback on them to agreed service levels. Before you commence working
on a program, you will be given a formal agreement.
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING FACULTY
You will undoubtedly find that rewards other than financial flow from:
- Sharing your knowledge and experience and putting your beliefs into
- Knowing that you have helped Associates (our term for students) to
become visibly more effective managers.
- Stimulating and being challenged by Associates' and colleagues' thinking.
- Bridging the gap between the academic body of knowledge and practice.
- Having the opportunity to develop personally by following our Certificate/Advanced
Diploma in Action Learning gratis.
- Having the opportunity to take advantage of Faculty Scholarships.
AS A MEMBER OF OUR FACULTY YOU WILL
- Receive immediate and continuing professional development in the theory
and practice of Action Learning, Learning to Learn, Learning Quality
Assurance and Career Development for Managers.
- Have the opportunity to meet like-minded individuals from our academic
and professional community on both informal and formal occasions - such
as the Annual Graduation Congregation, Annual Professional Congress
and Faculty Workshops.
- Be required to review your own career and professional development
every five years.
- Be fully conversant with the Internet.
- Action Learning frameworks and supporting literature in your areas
of expertise and across a wide spectrum of management.
- Access to the online Virtual Libraries from Ebsco.
- Access to all our other Faculty, Graduates and Associates worldwide
and within Sets via the Internet for Faculty, tutorial and research
- Our regular Members' electronic newsletter.